The RGYC Foundation Incorporated is a properly constituted body with a board of Trustees that is independent of the Board and operations of the Royal Geelong Yacht Club, formed to assist the Royal Geelong Yacht Club (RGYC) to maintain, improve, develop and foster the sport of sailing.
The RGYC Foundation has its own bank accounts and is managed as a separate fund. Any donations received will be deposited in the Foundation’s bank account and will be spent only in accordance with the purposes of the Foundation. They will not be mixed with the funds of the Royal Geelong Yacht Club.
The RGYC Foundation has entered into an Agreement with the Australian Sports Foundation (ASF), that allows the Foundation to provide the opportunity for individuals, entities or groups to make tax deductible donations to assist RGYC to Foster the Sport of Sailing.
The RGYC Foundation aims to attract and retain for RGYC the continuing interest and financial support of the community at large.
- To attract and encourage donations, gifts, bequests, endowment, trusts and other forms of financial assistance or for the benefit of RGYC.
- To raise finance for the acquisition and maintenance of plant and equipment, land and building and other facilities for use by RGYC and its members.
- To establish and administer trusts and funds for educational and charitable purposes associated with the promotion and participation in the sport of sailing in the greater Geelong community.
- To provide financial assistance for any educational programmes conducted or participated in by RGYC.
- To provide financial assistance to aid members of RGYC to compete in local, state, national and international yachting events.
- To widen knowledge, understanding and appreciation of RGYC and its activities, need and objectives in the community at large.
For more information on RGYC Foundation: